Posted By Thomas Perez. April 18, 2011 at 7:57pm. Copyright 2011.
The intention of this little article (outline) is not to discredit Roman Catholicism in any way. For within their teachings are many great truths. Though I do believe that the actual system (the Papacy) is nothing but a shadow of its former self, Empirical Rome – also as existing in its former Imperialistic state, known as it once was called; ‘The Holy Roman Empire.’ The article is intended to merely point out the various discrepancies found within their belief system when compared with Holy Scripture.
What does the Scripture say about…
1. Mary Worship: Mary worship is performed by Catholics. The Papacy considers Mary to be the Queen of Heaven and Mediatrix between God, Jesus and Man. In other words, she intercedes on our behalf. These views are clearly not condoned in Scripture. The Scriptures actually declare the opposite.
Jeremiah 7, 44:17-19, Judges 19:6, I Sam 7:3, I Tim 2:5, I John 1:9, 2:1, Luke 1:46, 2:19-24
2. The Mass: Catholicism teaches that the material elements of bread and wine actually becomes the body and blood of Jesus Christ, through action and officiating prayers, in Latin, by the priest. This transformation is called ‘Transubstantiation.’ Transubstantiation, according to the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church, is the change of substance or essence by which the bread and wine offered in the sacrifice of the sacrament of the Eucharist during the Mass, become, in reality, the body and blood of Jesus Christ.
In other words, the body and blood of Jesus Christ is once again offered up for sin and is worshipped in the Eucharist. This sacrifice is done over, and over again; through the Mass which is their Eucharist – the Host. This is contrary from the teachings of Jesus’ sacrifice given in Scripture.
Hebrews 6:6, 9:25-28, 10:10-14, John 19:30, Acts 15:20
3. Infant Baptism: Infant Baptism is no where found in Scripture. One is instead baptized after conversion to Christ. Infants do not convert.
John 3:3, 3:28-30, I Cor 1:17, Eph 2:8-9, Titus 3:5, I Pet 1:23, 3:21
4. Penance & Confessionals: The Bible teaches us that there is One Mediator between God and man; the Man Christ Jesus.
Hebrews 4:4-16, 8:6, 10:9, I John 1:9, 2:1-2, I Tim 2:5,
5. Purgatory & Prayers to the Dead: Note – I believe it is a good work to pray for the dead, but not to them.
Psalms 49: 6-7, I Pet 1:18, Acts 8:20, Deut 26:11, I John 2:2, Hebrews 9:14, 22:26, Isaiah 8:19
6. Praying to Dead Saints: Praying to the dead is practised in Catholicism. Praying to the dead is forbidden in Scripture. However, praying for the dead may not be.
Eph 1:1, I Tim 2:5, I Pet 5:7, I John 5:14-18
7. Popes, Priests & Nuns: The Scriptures indicate that we are all priests and nuns to God. However, the title of ‘Pope’ and ‘Surpreme Pontiff’ is pagan in origin.
Eph 5:23, I Pet 2:4-9, Col 1:18, Acts 4:11-12, Matt 8:14, Matt 23:9, I Cor 10:4, 9:5, John 1:42, I Sam 2:2, II Sam 22:2, Psalms 18:2, 92:15, 18:31, 23:2-3, 31:3, 71:3, 95:11 Isaiah 8:14, Rom 9:33
8. Idols & Likeness: Catholicism is filled with many idols and images pertaining to Jesus, Mary and all the saints. Idolatry is forbidden in Scripture.
I Cor 8:4-7, Acts 15:20, I Thess 1:9 I John 5:21, Deut 16:21-22, Psalms 115:4-9, 135:14-16, Isaiah 44:8, 2 Kings 17:6, 21:3, Judges 6:25, I Kings 14:15, 15:13, 16:33, Exodus 20:4, 23: 24
9. Obolisks: Obolisks are seen in Scripture, but with reference to its condemnation.
Dan 3:1-7, II Kings 18:4, Micah 5:13, Jeremiah 43:13
Catholicism teaches that salvation is found in its 7 Sacraments; Baptism, Confirmation or Chrismation, Eucharist, Penance, Anointing of the Sick, Holy Orders, and Matrimony.”
However, the Scriptures teach contrary to this. The Scriptures actually teach that all are saved already; many simply do not know it, while othes do. The knowledge of salvation is realized by the means of enlightenment through the Gospel within an individuals faith. Upon reading this, a person might claim; “So if all are saved already, then this small study outline really shouldn’t matter.” Yes, that is true. However, there is no harm in pointing out discrepancies and errors of a so-called infallibile Church.
Moreover, all of the Sacraments, except marriage are to be performed by those already with the knowledge of Christ in them. This in turn would eliminate Infant Baptism. According to Catholicism, the thought behind Infant Baptism is the removal of original sin, until the age of a members Confirmation. Once that is accomplished, the other Sacraments can commence; the process of removing additional sins through the Mass (Eucharist), penance, etc. However, these steps, so to speak, are not found in Scripture as a rudimentary outline to be followed, or else…But rather what is found is a knowing confession of faith and repentance (something that infants are incapable of doing), then a Baptism of the believer (infants simply do not believe in anything) and then conversion. One should aspire to the true nature the of the Gospel.
The True Nature of the Gopsel
1. Salvation is Only Trough Christ:
Rom 3:24, Galatians 3:13, Rom 6:23, Col 1:14, Titus 2:13-14, John 14:6, Acts 4:12
2. Only Through the Blood of Christ:
Rom 5:9, Col 1:20, Hebrews 9:14, 9:22, I Pet 1:18-19, I John 1:7, Rev 1:5, 5:9, 7:14, 21:11
3. Thus Causing Us to Be Justified By Faith:
Acts 16:31, John 1:12, 3:16-18, 26, 26, 28, 10:9-13, Rom 5:1-2, Galatians 2:16, I Pet 1:8-9, Hebrews 11:1-6
4. We Are Justified By Grace:
Rom 3:22-24, 5:1-2, 6:23, 11:6, Eph 2:8-9, Titus 2:11, Rom 6:23, 11:6, II Cor 5:7-8, Galatians 3:26
NOTE: It is intersting from an Historicist point of view to note that Rome actually sits on seven hills. Perhaps she is the Great Whore of Revelation chapters 17 and 18? Below are the names of the seven hills.
1. Quirinal Hill
2. Viminal Hill
3. Kapitol Hill
4. Esquitine Hill
5. Palatine Hill
6. Caelius Hill
7. Avintin Hill
The following pictures indicate that the Roman Catholic Institution is not an institution established by Christ. Nor is it supported by Scripture. The quotations are taken from; ‘Dignities and Duties of the Priest’ – a Catholic book. Also see; ‘Modern Catholic Dictionary’ and ‘Dogmatic Canons and Decrees.’ After reading what is shown on the pictures, I’ am sure that you will concede to the thought that the Roman Catholic Church is not the True Church of Jesus Christ.